Tech Jam From Home
A virtual job fair and networking event
Tuesday, July 7, 2020
12 - 5 p.m. ET
Due to popular demand, Tech Jam From Home is back again - and SO soon! As a result of overwhelming interest received with our last event, we have doubled the company capacity so more can participate and connect with wonderful talent from across the country.
The last few months can be best described as a roller coaster as they’ve been filled with many ups and a heck of a lot of downs. We know that there are a lot of talented folks in the tech ecosystem across Canada who’ve lost well-earned positions with incredible organizations - and we also know that there are a fair number of startup and scaling companies who’ve seen their workstreams explode or pivoted to answer the call to stop the spread of COVID-19.
To bring these two groups together, the Communitech Talent Connections Program will be hosting Tech Jam From Home on Tuesday, July 7, 2020 from 12 - 5 p.m. (ET). This will be a virtual edition of the Tech Jam job fair and networking event that folks in Waterloo Region have come to know and love - with a few tweaks, of course. Thanks to our partners at the Canadian Digital Media Network and Prospect, Tech Jam From Home will have a number of companies in attendance with open positions across Canada.
Job seekers will get the chance to target their job search as well as learn about and connect with tech-driven companies with open roles that meet their needs - all through the Eventmobi platform. Job seekers will be able to visit digital company booths to learn more about the organization, chat in real-time with company representatives using the chat function and join into video conferencing sessions to learn about available positions, role requirements and work-from-home company cultures.
As this is our second foray at bringing this event to you virtually, we ask for your patience and understanding as we navigate this virtual world together and work out the kinks. We hope you will join us for this ride.
It goes a little something like this....
12 - 2 p.m. ET | Session for Technical roles
2 - 3:30 p.m. ET | Session for Marketing/Design/Sales roles
3:30 - 5 p.m. ET | Session for Support roles
Job seeker registration
- Individuals whose jobs have been impacted as a result of COVID-19, looking to connect and discover new opportunities across Canada.
- Experience level: New grad (1-2 years), mid-level (3-6 years), senior (7+ years).
What to expect:
- We have done the heavy lifting for you so you can connect with several companies who are actively hiring in one place.
- A chance to target your job search while remaining safe at home, still getting to wear your favourite sweatpants.
- Learn about open roles, company culture and position qualifications by visiting various digital company booths.
Registration is available from Monday, June 15 at 12 p.m. ET to Tuesday, July 7 at 12 p.m. ET.
- Tech and tech-enabled companies actively hiring for a minimum of 5+ roles.
- Companies who have offices across Canada.
What to expect:
- We have done the heavy lifting for you so you can connect with a network of talent seeking their next great opportunity at NO cost to your company.
- A chance to show off your employer brand and talk about available positions, role requirements and work-from-home company cultures, while remaining safe at home.
- Your digital company booth will provide job seekers with information about your company and what you’re hiring for.
- Have the chance to chat in real-time with job seekers using the chat function to learn more about their career portfolio, interests and culture fit.
- Have the option of setting up and hosting video conferencing sessions to engage with job seekers throughout the event.
- No recruitment agencies!
Registration is available from Monday, June 15 at 12 p.m. ET to Thursday, July 2 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Thank you for your interest in attending Communitech's Tech Jam From Home event. Company registration for this event is now closed - for information on future virtual job fair events, please contact us.